If you love easy summer crafts then you'll love these Wire Wrapped and Beaded Picnic Utensils from Candace. This project is perfect for a summer
- Plastic flatware
- 18 gauge wire – 8″ per flatware piece
- Assorted beads
- Focal bead
- Make a small spiral in one end of the wire.
- Think of the smallest part of the spiral as the centre of the handle. Make a bead trap by creating a sharp bend away from the centre, sliding on a bead and bending the wire sharply back toward the centre.
- Pin the spiral at the top of the handle with your thumb as you wrap the wire around the handle. Slide on a bead.
- Trap the bead with a sharp bend away from the center.Bend the wire to the center and slide on your focal bead.
- Wrap the wire around the handle, slide a bead on and trap it with a sharp bend away from the center. Wrap the remaining wire into a spiral and center it.The wire will slide off easily to be reused or re-purposed. I wrapped mine around the strings on my blinds.
Subscribe to Pretty Shabby UK